A Paradigm Revolution in the Making
Register for this special webinar in which Dr. Shanker explores the concept of a 'Paradigm Revolution' and how Self-Reg is poised to change how all of us approach how we educate and nurture children.
Why register for this webinar?
Dr. Stuart Shanker offers his most compelling, convincing, and up-to-date presentation on the whys and wherefores of Self-Reg in a special webinar.
Don’t miss this landmark presentation in which Dr. Shanker will explore and expound on:
- The vast and varied science that underpins and supports Shanker Self-Reg®
- Why it had been so hard to universally engender four key aspects of higher human functioning: rationality, freedom, morality, and empathy
- The most important findings from recent brain research and what they mean for how we should live and educate & nurture children
- Why being able to choose is about much more that self-control and thinking
- Reframing the core concepts of morality and freedom
- How empathy is nurtured (or not) early in life
- The science of dysregulated stress systems
- Why Self-Reg is so important for the future of a free, moral, and interdependent world
Meet the instructor
Dr. Stuart Shanker
Stuart Shanker is the author of the Self-Reg trilogy: Calm, Alert, and Learning: Classroom Strategies for Self-Regulation (Pearson 2012), Self-Reg: How to Help Your Child (and You) Break the Stress Cycle and Successfully Engage With Life (Penguin 2016), Reframed: Self-Reg for a Just Society (UofT Press 2020); and with Susan Hopkins, Self-Reg Schools: A Handbook for Educators (Pearson 2019). In 2012, Stuart founded The MEHRIT Centre as a Self-Reg learning and information centre for parents, educators, the leaders of today, and the leaders of tomorrow.
Drag to resize
As an organization dedicated to bring Self-Reg to as many people around the world as possible we offer two prices for our events.
Our equity pricing is designed those that are paying for this event personally and need a discounted rate to attend. We do ask that if you are a funded organization or if you are receiving funding to cover the cost of your ticket, that you leave the lower priced tickets for those that do not have funding.