8-Part Webinar Series
CARE Begets CARE; Lack of CARE Begets Bullying
Join Stuart Shanker in this enlightening Reframing Bullying webinar series as we dive deep into the complexities of bullying behaviour and explore transformative strategies to reshape our approach. Through cutting-edge science, personal anecdotes, and a focus on Self-Reg, this series will empower you with valuable insights and practical tools to make a positive impact in addressing bullying. Explore all episodes below.
Only Available until January 31st, 2023
Why register for this webinar series?
Each one hour webinar will:
- Be comprised of a 40 minute talk from Stuart Shanker and a Q & A period facilitated by Susan Hopkins.
- Be linked together with a resource for participants to track their learning and the interconnections between each webinar.
By the end of the series, you can expect to:
- Unravel the roots of bullying behaviour and understand its link to the concept of anomie.
- Discover the profound impact of homeostasis imbalances in the Gray Brain and the role of self-regulation in rekindling empathy.
- Explore the Yin-Yang dynamics of self-regulation and its role in tackling intricate bullying behaviours.
- Gain knowledge of the neurobiological framework behind aggression, including SEEKING and RAGE Primitive Emotion Circuits (PECs).
- Understand the dynamics of the Bullying Cycle and the internal conflicts that perpetuate it.
- Examine the role of PLAY and LUST in bullying dynamics, including pleasure and pain regulation and the interplay between desire and frustration.
- Explore oxytocin's influence in reducing bullying tendencies and suppressing stress hormones.
- Uncover the missing piece in understanding bullying: empathy and the CARE system.
- Discover the surprising connection between bullying, narcissism, and antisocial personality disorder (ASPD).
- Consider the erosion of social and moral norms in society and the role of the Gray Brain in suppressing empathy.
- Explore the transformative power of the Self-Reg heuristic "No such thing as a bad kid" and its role in changing trajectories.
- Gather strategies for nurturing Interbrains and restoring homeostatic balance to address complex issues.
By participating in this series, you'll gain a comprehensive understanding of the new science applied to the complex nature of bullying and develop practical strategies to foster empathy, resilience, and a compassionate society. Don't miss this opportunity to be part of a transformative journey towards reframing bullying and making a positive difference.
Meet the Presenters:
Read more about Dr. Shanker and Dr. Hopkins here.