What Apes Taught Me About Self-Reg
Join Dr. Shanker for a fascinating look at more of the science that has informed the Shanker Self-Reg Framework® with an illuminating discussion of what the study of bonobos taught him about Self-Reg, language, and the limbic system.
Why register for this webinar?
Join Dr. Shanker for a fascinating look at more of the science that has informed the Shanker Self-Reg Framework with an illuminating discussion of what the study of bonobos taught him about Self-Reg, language, and the limbic system.
- Triune lessons: how ancient brain processes that play out beneath the level of consciousness impact thinking, behaviour, and emotions
- Caregiving behaviours preceded and influenced the development of human language
- So much is going on outside, beneath, and alongside the process of using language in speech
- What studying apes, and most importantly bonobos, can tell us about the subtleties of language
- How the subtleties and nuances of spoken language are inextricably linked to the limbic system
- How all of these ideas provide a new and important window into how to understand and in turn, better support, human development
Meet the instructor
Dr. Stuart Shanker
Stuart Shanker is the author of the Self-Reg trilogy: Calm, Alert, and Learning: Classroom Strategies for Self-Regulation (Pearson 2012), Self-Reg: How to Help Your Child (and You) Break the Stress Cycle and Successfully Engage With Life (Penguin 2016), Reframed: Self-Reg for a Just Society (UofT Press 2020); and with Susan Hopkins, Self-Reg Schools: A Handbook for Educators (Pearson 2019). In 2012, Stuart founded The MEHRIT Centre as a Self-Reg learning and information centre for parents, educators, the leaders of today, and the leaders of tomorrow.
Drag to resize
As an organization dedicated to bring Self-Reg to as many people around the world as possible we offer two prices for our events.
Our equity pricing is designed those that are paying for this event personally and need a discounted rate to attend. We do ask that if you are a funded organization or if you are receiving funding to cover the cost of your ticket, that you leave the lower priced tickets for those that do not have funding.